Saturday, July 9, 2011

The eN-Kriya Technique (part 3)

In this post I'll provide my thoughts and analysis of the eN-Kriya technique, so if you have not already done so, please read my previous two posts that explain the technique.

Since I first discovered yogic techniques that involve breath retention back in 2001, I quickly realized the power they held and have focused on them ever since. If you've downloaded my yoga course, you would've noticed that breath retention is a core part of the practice, and many of the Kundalini Kriyas also involve breath retention. So the fact that eN-Kriya steps 3 and 4 involve breath retention was a key point for me.

The instructions for step 4 involve blocking the breath right to the point of fainting. Sounds crazy? You bet! That's why you must be fit, healthy and strong before you even try it. But if you do, you very quickly overcome all fear, anxiety, addictions, frustrations, and any other negativity in your life. Can you imagine what's required to block your breath to the point of fainting? And as soon as you recover - doing it again, and again for 21 times! You come out of that process feeling absolutely invincible, fearless, powerful, yet incredibly calm, at peace, and in oneness. You are almost guaranteed to have a spiritual experience, either a psychic sound, vision or physical sensation.

Every day you keep practicing, it takes more and more time to reach that fainting point, and the more time spent without breathing takes you deeper and deeper into the core of your being. Your awareness of spiritual reality and spiritual truths expands rapidly. As Nithyananda says "instant enlightenment".

Step 1: Nadi Shodhana is a simple and straight forward practice. It should be done daily regardless of which yoga practice you are following. It is the most basic and most essential pranayama practice there is and can be done by anyone regardless of your age or state of health. Here, it is practiced for 11 rounds.

Step 2: Bhastrika seems to have gained popularity in recent years. However, Nithyananda's description and demonstration doesn't quite match what I'm familiar with. There are three distinct practices that involve moving the abdomen. The first is Agnisar Kriya where the breathing is either through the mouth or the breath is held out. The abdomen is moved in and up, then out and back in repeatedly. The second is Kapalbhati where the breathing is through the nose. The abdomen is rapidly pulled in (not up) causing a forceful exhalation through the nostrils, then it is relaxed and expanded for a full gentle inhalation, then forceful exhalation and so on. The third is Bhastrika where breathing is again through the nose, but in this case both exhalation and inhalation are done forcefully and rapidly. I practice Agnisar Kriya and Nauli daily prior to my eN-Kriya practice, so here for step 2, I practice Bhastrika as described for 21 rounds.

Step 3: Samana Kriya is a new practice I haven't seen before that sort of combines Kunadalini Kriyas 6 (inner retention) and 7 (outer retention) in a single practice without the complexity of the bandhas/locks and rotation of awareness. My main comment here regards the instruction to do each of the four parts as long as possible. If you do this, your second round will be much shorter than your first, which I don't think is the purpose of this particular practice. I think you should choose a length of time for each of inhalation, holding in, exhalation, and holding out that you can maintain for all 21 rounds. I would recommend something like inhale for 10 sec, hold for 20 sec, exhale for 20 sec, hold out for 10 sec. Basically, pick values that are less than half of what your maximum is such that it can be maintained for the entire practice.

Step 4: Samburi Mudra is a slightly modified version of Shanmukhi Mudra, where rather than closing the nostrils with the middle fingers you use the ring fingers instead. This is the main Kriya. In this case, you want to hold your breath as long as you can, for all of the benefits I described at the beginning of this post. It is repeated 21 times.

Step 5: Maha Mantra is described as intense humming with no further description, but I would guess it is similar to Bhramari, except the ears are not plugged and the hands just rest on the knees. For more description, I would say keep the eyes and mouth closed, but keep the teeth slightly separated. Inhale deeply through the nose and while exhaling as slowly as possible create a smooth and continuous humming sound. Allow the vibration to be heard and felt distinctly in the brain. At the end of exhalation, inhale again and repeat. Continue for 7 minutes.

Step 6: Shakti Dharana is a practice I haven't seen taught by any other yoga teachers, but similar practices are very common in New Age circles. Prior to learning about eN-Kriya I had been wanting to incorporate this type of practice into my daily routine as I believe it is critical for the smooth arrival of the Golden Age. There is severe weather and natural disasters being experienced all over the planet. This practice will reduce these calamities in the area where you live, and globally as well. You can choose to receive energy from any masters or spiritual beings you feel connected to, or even simply from the stars and planets as Anastasia would recommend. Then pour that into the Earth, or Mother Earth, Lady Gaia, Bhudevi, or any other image you feel most connected to. The picture above shows some in the receiving pose and some in the pouring pose. This practice is done 7 times in 7 minutes.

Step 7: Swasti Mantra is another practice not traditionally part of yoga but well known in the New Age community. This practice will reduce the crime, war and violence in the area where you live and all over the world. Another essential practice for creating the Golden Age.

That concludes my discussion of the 7 steps of eN-Kriya, but I also want to take a moment to discuss sitting postures. For steps 1 to 5, I sit in Padmasana as recommended by Nithyananda, but for those familiar with the Kundalini Kriyas, Siddhasana is the recommended pose. Siddhasana is designed to work in conjunction with Moola Bandha, which is a core component of the Kundalini Kriyas, but since it is not used in eN-Kriya, Padmasana is the recommended choice. However, if you are unable to sit in Padmasana, I would recommend Siddhasana second. The step 6 receiving pose is similar to Hasta Uttanasana except done from the knees, and the pouring pose is similar to Shashankasana. From step 6 it's easiest to assume Vajrasana for step 7 which is what I do rather than going back into Padmasana.

The next thing I want to talk about is the time spent on each step in the practice. Nithyananda indicates the whole practice should be completed in 42 minutes, however, it takes me over an hour to complete all 7 steps as after years of practice I can now hold my breath for quite a while, making steps 3 and 4 go on forever. So I began thinking if this was necessary, and decided that 42 minutes is probably enough. The far more important thing is to simply practice every single day without fail. So if 42 minutes is enough, then what should the time allotment breakdown be? This is what I came up with and am currently following.

  • Nadi Shodhana (2 min) - 11 rounds takes me 4 min
  • Bhastrika (1 min) - 21 rounds is fine
  • Samana Kriya (11 min) - 11 rounds still puts me over
  • Samburi Mudra (11 min) - again 11 rounds for me
  • Maha Mantra (7 min) - counting rounds not required
  • Shakti Dharana (7 min) - 7 rounds as required is fine
  • Swasti Mantra (3 min) - no rounds
  • Total Time (42 min)

When looking at the number of rounds prescribed here and for the Kundalini Kriyas, it is always an odd number, so as my ability to hold my breath keeps increasing, I will likely reduce 11 to 9, then 7 and so on to keep the practice at around 11 minutes.

All things change with time, as does Kriya Yoga. Mahavatar Babaji has been overseeing it for thousands of years, and I'm sure it has continued to evolve over that time period. Now, at this point in time, I believe eN-Kriya is the next step in that evolution.

81 comments:

  1. I'm glad you kept practicing the en-kriya daily. Unfortunately I stopped practicing it, but would like to start it again.
    I would recommend that you increase the 7th step to 5 or 7 minutes, it`s a very important step. This step is also the final step in Vipassana meditation.

    You haven`t talked about the experiences you had so far, if you are willing to share some of them, I would be happy to hear about them.
    You can do it privately if you want by sending me a message to my youtube account Regele84 or a mail to mariuspetcu1@gmail.com

    Marius

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marius,

    You are probably right that the 7th step should be 7 minutes to match the 6th step. It would put you over the 42 minutes specified, but that is probably fine. I'll start doing that.

    Manoj

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to hear about your experiences with the en kriya and kundalini awakening.very well organised blog.thanks

    - theonenes99@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. theoneness99@gmail.com*

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello. blessings and thanks for ur explanations. i have a question. i understand it is the best to practice 3 times a day these 42 min excersices. but for how many days is it the best? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. >but for how many days is it the best

    You should feel energized after the practice. If you feel worn out, then reduce the amount you are practicing. Once a day works well for me.

    Manoj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shall I support my back against the wall while doing such exercises?

    ReplyDelete
  8. >Shall I support my back against the wall
    >while doing such exercises?

    Ideally you shouldn't. Are you able to sit in Vajrasana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so is vajrasana the best sir? what kind of experience we will have after practicing this? will we feel powerful?

      Delete
  9. > so is vajrasana the best sir?

    See my youtube video for a full explanation of what I feel is "best" regarding eN-Kriya. On this page at the top click "Download", then click "Golden Age Kriya (eN-Kriya)".

    > what kind of experience we will have after
    > practicing this?

    Each person's experience is unique, but like any spiritual practice you will slowly discover the truth of who you are.

    > will we feel powerful?

    We are powerful beings, but whether that is the first truth you realize or the last is unique to each person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you sir.. I haven't attended inner awakening program either directly nor through video conferencing. my doubt is whether we can achieve the benefits without initiation also? shall i practice this in home itself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. > my doubt is whether we can achieve the benefits
    > without initiation also?

    In my experience, benefits are received through a disciplined daily practice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. guruji,

    1) the third exercise is difficult to do continuously.. so shall we take a break of some 10 seconds inbetween each 21 rounds?

    2) shall we use a stop watch?

    3) thoughts are running in mind during the exercise also. is that alright?

    4) shall we take a break of 5 minutes during the exercise if we get too tired?

    5) how will the kundalini awakening feel guruji? what kind of powers will we get?

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) It is better not to take a break, but instead to pace the practice according to your ability. If you can only hold your breath for a few seconds then do only that.

    2) Initially a watch is useful to know how much time a certain number of rounds takes, but after that you should practice without a watch.

    3) Try to focus your mind on the flow of your breath, and during inner retention on the eyebrow center (ajna) and outer retention on the perineum/cervix (mooladhara).

    4) It is better to shorten the duration of each step rather than taking a break in the middle. Start with just 3 min per step and gradually increase to 7 min. Each step builds on the momentum of the previous step, by taking a break that momentum is lost and the effectiveness of the practice is greatly reduced.

    5) Each person is unique so their kundalini awakening will also be unique. It is better not to have any expectations and just let the awakening happen in its own time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. dear sir, where to focus our mind during the fourth step while controlling all our senses in face?

    ReplyDelete
  15. please explain where to focus our mind during each step

    ReplyDelete
  16. Namaste master

    In the fourth step (holding the breath with ring finger), which is better, INNER retention or OUTER retention?

    ReplyDelete
  17. > please explain where to focus our mind during
    > each step

    In steps 1 and 2 the breath is moving, so follow the movement through your nostrils, down your windpipe and into your lungs, then follow it back out again. Steps 3 and 4 are the same with retention. Outer retention only applies to step 3. In step 4 use partial or full inner retention as you prefer. In step 5 you can focus on the vibration in your brain. In steps 6 and 7 instructions are given to direct the thoughts.

    If you wish to truly deepen your understanding of yoga and meditation then I recommend you follow my Kriya Yoga Course on youtube. Click "Download" at the top of this page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sir and happy Ganesh Chathurthi

      Delete
  18. will this en-kriya affect my sexual life?

    ReplyDelete
  19. > will this en-kriya affect my sexual life?

    Any spiritual practice will cause changes in all aspects of your life as you gradually discover the truth of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Master, I asked like will this exercise stop semen production or cause impotency?????? I am scared about that

      Delete
  20. > will this exercise stop semen production
    > or cause impotency?

    Just the opposite in fact. It will likely increase semen production and cure impotency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. shall i close my ears while chanting om?

      Delete
  21. Dear Mr.manoj, where exactly should I concentrate my mind on while doing the fourth step of En-kriya i.e while blocking the senses?

    ReplyDelete
  22. > shall i close my ears while chanting om?

    Usually the ears are left open when chanting OM, but may be closed when humming.

    > where exactly should I concentrate my mind on
    > while doing the fourth step

    The eyebrow center, which as the name implies is the point on your forehead between your eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sir, what is the difference between chanting OM and humming? I thought both are same

      Delete
  23. > what is the difference between chanting OM
    > and humming?

    OM chanting is: OOOOOMMMMMMMMMM
    Humming is: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so guruji, which one to do in the fifth step? Om chanting or humming?

      Also shall we count the seconds withing mind while doing the 3rd and 4th step?

      Delete
  24. > which one to do in the fifth step?
    > Om chanting or humming?

    Whichever you prefer.

    > shall we count the seconds within mind while
    > doing the 3rd and 4th step?

    This is OK initially to set your pace, but after that it is better to do the breath/point focus I've already explained.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Is there any food restriction or food habit to follow while doing this exercise master?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Type "diet" into the search box on the top right side of this page to see my blog posts on diet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. master, shall i keep my hand on the head while chanting OM so that I can concentrate on the brain while the mmm sound?

    ReplyDelete
  28. master ji, please tell me how will I feel after the 21 days of doing this en-kriya? please please tell me

    ReplyDelete
  29. > shall i keep my hand on the head while chanting OM

    Initially, if that helps you, but eventually you shouldn't need to.

    ReplyDelete
  30. > how will I feel after the 21 days of doing this
    > en-kriya?

    I imagine most will feel better, but some may feel worse, it depends on the person.

    ReplyDelete
  31. master ji, i am so desperate in life...i feel like ending my life. shall i do this en-kriya and achieve the benefits and start a new life? can i be assured that i will have results after 21 days?

    ReplyDelete
  32. while outer retention during the third step, shall I contract and expand the anus (ashwini mudra) as a way of counting seconds?

    ReplyDelete
  33. > can i be assured that i will have results
    > after 21 days?

    In life there are no guarantees, however, the fastest path to enlightenment would be to combine your practice with fasting as all the Masters have done. Google "jesus-did-this-buddha-did-this".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fasting should be morning or afternoon ?

      Delete
    2. > Fasting should be morning or afternoon?

      My favorite method of fasting is the Ekadashi fast. See my blog post for Aug 2015.

      Delete
  34. > shall I contract and expand the anus
    > (ashwini mudra)

    My preference is a constant contraction (moola bandha), but what you suggest is fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Master ji
    1) In the third step (though it is said as long as you can), how many seconds inner retention and how many seconds outer retention is advisable ?
    2) In the fourth step i.e while locking the senses.. how many seconds holding the breath is advisable (though it is said as long as you can) ?

    ReplyDelete
  36. > 1) In the third step...

    Read "Step 3: Samana Kriya" in the post on this page.

    > 2) In the fourth step...

    This step could be done like step 3 where you pick a value you can hold 21 times in a row, such that your last hold is as long as your first hold. I usually do my first hold and last hold as long as I can, while the middle holds are less.

    ReplyDelete
  37. how many seconds do you hold the breath in the fourth step master? also in fourth step, you do partial or full retention?

    ReplyDelete
  38. > how many seconds do you hold the breath in the fourth
    > step master?

    I just timed myself and I can comfortably hold my breath for more than 2 minutes, but this is only on the first round, then subsequent rounds are about 1 min, then the last round is 2 minutes again. I never do more than 7 rounds which takes about 10 minutes.

    > also in fourth step, you do partial or full retention?

    I take close to a full breath each time and then hold.

    ReplyDelete
  39. can you share your experiences about the siddhis master?

    ReplyDelete
  40. > can you share your experiences about the
    > siddhis master?

    That depends on how you define the siddhis. In my third post to this blog I talk about my first practice (concentration on the eyebrow center) and my first experience. Here is the quote.

    "For 14 days, nothing happened, but I was patient and determined, then on the 15th day I experienced an explosion between my eyebrows. I was quite startled and didn't know what was happening. I ran to the bathroom to look in the mirror but didn't see anything. I touched the spot with my fingers but couldn't feel anything, however the sensation was still there and just as strong. It lasted a couple of minutes before finally beginning to dissipate. What was that!?! I had so far never read anything about this kind of experience, but I was now hooked for life on the spiritual path."

    ReplyDelete
  41. master, i am doing this en kriya twice a day. at what times shall i do this? which time first and which time second?

    ReplyDelete
  42. > i am doing this en kriya twice a day.
    > at what times shall i do this?

    The main thing is for the food in your body to be mostly digested, so before breakfast, lunch or supper, or before bed are the recommended times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guruji, if i am doing this en kriya at evening, after how many hours after lunch should i do this?

      Delete
  43. guruji, the 4th step requires intense humming.. i live in a house where there are lot of ppl and noisy.. is it fine if i tell mmm or om or aumm in a very low voice????

    ReplyDelete
  44. > if i am doing this en kriya at evening, after how many
    > hours after lunch should i do this?

    After as many hours as you can (i.e. before your next meal so your stomach is mostly empty).

    ReplyDelete
  45. > is it fine if i tell mmm or om or aumm in a
    > very low voice????

    If you have no choice, then that is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  46. moola bandha means anal lock only no? is it fine to apply anal lock during fourth step guruji? thank you for all your answers. i am indeed grateful to you guruji

    ReplyDelete
  47. > moola bandha means anal lock only no?

    It is actually the perineum lock, the area between the anus and genitals, but any lock in that region is fine during the 4th step.

    ReplyDelete
  48. guruji, is it fine if i have the air conditioner on and the room very chill during this en kriya exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  49. > is it fine if i have the air conditioner on and the room
    > very chill during this en kriya exercise?

    If you are comfortable, then it is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  50. performing ashwini mudra (i think contracrting and expanding the anus) during the fourth step.. is that fine master?

    ReplyDelete
  51. > performing ashwini mudra during the fourth step..
    > is that fine?

    Yes, it is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Sir, I have done this En-Kriya daily twice for more than 21 days. When will I observe the effects? Should I continue it (I have done doing this En-kriya daily twice for more than 21 days, so should I continue doing this daily)?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you so much for your guidance and valuable advice

    ReplyDelete
  54. > When will I observe the effects?

    I'm guessing the problem is with your method of observation. You need to observe your thoughts and emotions every minute of every day and count how many minutes your thoughts/emotions are positive or neutral, and how many minutes they are negative. It's important not to suppress your thoughts/emotions, but just observe them.

    For example, let's say there is someone in your life that criticizes and insults you every time you see them. This has been causing your emotions to fluctuate between anxiety and annoyance all day every day as you are unable to stop thinking about them.

    However, after a few days of en-kriya, you are now able to stop thinking about them during your practice, as the practice was gradually able to take your mind off of this person bit by bit, day by day.

    As a few more days go by, you notice that after your practice you begin to last a few more hours before this person re-enters your mind. Soon they are only able to bring up negative emotions in you when you are in their presence. Soon you realize that nothing negative happens within you unless they speak. Then one day you realize that you are whole, complete and perfect just the way you are, so now their criticisms and insults have no power to generate any negative emotions within you, and suddenly you realize that the reason this person has been expressing negativity towards you is because of their own pain and their own lack of understanding of who they are: a whole, complete and perfect being.

    Suddenly, you feel overwhelming love and compassion for them and for everyone in your life and in the whole world, for they are all your brothers and sisters and you love them dearly regardless of how they treat you or think of you. Life becomes pure joy, bliss, happiness and love every minute of every day. These are the observable effects of en-kriya or any spiritual practice as you progress towards kundalini awakening and full enlightenment.

    How long it takes to begin to observe these effects varies from person to person based on their ability to develop self-awareness. Those that are able to detach and observe their thoughts and emotions easily, advance rapidly, while others that immediately and uncontrollably turn their negative emotions into violent action before they realize what they are doing, advance more slowly.

    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  55. > should I continue doing this daily?

    The en-kriya practice is certainly good, but there are many other things that can be done to advance your spiritual development, such as water cleansing techniques like jala neti, or asanas, or other meditative practices.

    You may want to take a look at the teachings of Swami Satyananda that I've compiled into 3 kriya yoga courses. Click on the "Download" link at the top of the page for links to those courses.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you sir for all your help and guidance.. bless me to experience a spiritual awakening soon

    ReplyDelete
  57. > bless me to experience a spiritual awakening soon

    You have always had my blessings and always will.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Dear Mr. Manoj: In step 4, it is much better for me to use the middle fingers to close nostrils, instead of the ring fingers. Any difference in the results using one or another?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No difference in my opinion, just use whichever fingers you prefer.

      Delete
  59. Dear Mr. Manoj Sir,
    First of all I would like to thank you for your free courses on Basic and Advanced Yoga on Youtube, especially for recommending the book by Swami Satyananda. I followed the practices for four months and have seen a lot of improvement in my physical and mental health. Now I feel even better than since I was born.
    Now I want to follow Yogani's advice to shorten Asana routine to 15 mins and spend more time on Pranayama and meditation. For me as a beginner, enKriya is more suitable than full version of Swami Satyananda. Moreover, I want to change the enKriya techniques in order to fit my level. Could you advice if there is any mistake with my sequence:
    In general I visualize the breath going up ALONG THE SPINE from Muladhara to Ajna and down the same path. Swami Sat. 's version is too difficult for beginners with complicated visualizations, mantras and sustained movement of the neck.
    Step 1: Nadi Shodhana with inner and outer retention as in Swami Satyananda's book.
    Step 2: Bhastrika with visualization of breath going up (on inhaling) and down (on exhaling) along the spine.
    Step 3: Maha Mudra and Maha Bheda Mudra with visualization along the spine and no mantra.
    Step 4: Nadi Sanchalana with visualization along the spine and no mantra.
    Step 5: Samburi Mudra with visualization along the spine and no mantra. For this one I also chant OM in the third eye during breath retention. Also I feel better when I use three fingers to cover my eye and use the little finger to cover my nose. This one I learned from the teacher on Asheville Vedic Astrology.
    I changed the order between steps 5 and 6 because step 6 is meant to induce paratyahara. After that I may decide to begin meditation.
    Step 6: I remain in siddhasana and do prana mudra to share prana for healing. This one I learned from Tripura Yoga.
    Step 7: I remain in siddhasana and spread compassion.
    Right now I only do 5 breaths with each step (except step 2 which I do 21 rounds). I could do more when my back becomes stronger.
    For the meditation (after step 5) I just focus on breath sensation on the navel. I find it the most relaxing after asanas and pranayama. The meditation practices in Swami Sat.'s book are quite intense for me.
    Also, I would like to ask you about my strange experience. I have experienced both Padmasana, Siddhasana and Ardha Siddhasana (which I preferred the most, in which one foot is placed against the perineum and the outer foot is on the floor). In all cases I often wake up around 3.30 to 4.30 in the morning and couldn't sleep again and yet I still have more clarity than before when I sleep until 7.00. If you have heart of similar experience please let me know whether I should reduce my practice.
    Finally, I wonder if siddhasana can be practice by anybody or should only practice by celibate.
    Sorry if I give you a lot of questions but I don't want to go insane by doing something wrong.
    With best regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your practice sounds great to me, and the fact that you need less sleep shows that it is working. I don't believe siddhasana (or yoga in general) has any requirements, but you do need to be ready to accept the changes that result in you. All the best!

      Delete
  60. Sir out those 7 steps i only did step 4 and after doing step 4 it made me feel stronger so can i only do step 4 always

    ReplyDelete
  61. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  62. From what I understand, the context Swamiji is referencing the 42 minutes has nothing to do with it being a requirement of time but rather that he created the eN-Kriya to take as little time as possible. He shares the time it should take within the context of letting people know that it does not take a long time and "the whole thing takes less than 42 minutes" as he says many times. What's important is doing the Kriya X number of times - not stopping at the 42 minute mark. Doing the Kriya X number of times is what brings results, not the time you set for yourself to do it in. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beg to differ. The more you can slow your breathing and extend your inner and outer retention, the more powerful the practice in my opinion. Today I can fill 42 min with about half the number of rounds I gave in this post almost 6 years ago.

      Delete
  63. @manoj- we are saying the same thing. I am saying exactly that - it's the content of the breathing, not the time limit that matters. It's not the number of minutes but the practice of breathing itself that creates the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hi Manoj, i have been doing en-kriya and other kriyas in JC Stevens book without any formal initiation by a guru. I did it for 2 months, i did see changes and had experiences but lately, during night, i feel scared and feel bad energy around me. I have stopped practicing for now. Could you pls share anything or info related to this?

    Many Thanks
    Nee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nee,

      Yes, whenever you feel unbalanced, stopping your practice is always a good idea. Usually, I just wait and see if the situation gets better or worse after I stop, and for me I've always returned to a balanced state in a few days. However, if things don't get better, then I would recommend getting a psychic reading. Sal Rachele is someone I trust for these.

      I hope that helps.

      Manoj

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot! :) This is extremely helpful, really appreciate the prompt response.

      Nee

      Delete