Monday, March 22, 2010

Anastasia

There is almost universal agreement on two characteristics of the Golden Age: Life will be in total harmony with all of Nature and all people on Earth will be filled with Love. So while my yoga practice was slowly deepening my understanding of Love, I felt I needed something else to deepen my understanding of Nature. I began digging into the idea of living life in harmony with Nature and soon discovered the Anastasia books, also known as The Ringing Cedars Series.

Out of everything I've read, Anastasia provides the most vivid and detailed image of life in the Golden Age. She communicates the power of Love and the power of Nature like no one else. I put this series at the top of my list of books to read; I give it my highest recommendation.

However, that is not to say the series doesn't have any drawbacks. It is long (9 books), but this helps her overall vision to really sink in. Much of the second book is quite boring, but it allows the reader to see how Vladimir himself grows in spiritual understanding over the course of the series.

It is not until the fourth book that Anastasia reveals her main teaching of the Family/Kins Domain. The basic idea is to acquire one hectare (~2.5 acres) of land and live on it. A simple idea on the surface, but infinitely powerful in practice. Her teachings are closely related to those of Permaculture, where Permaculture provides the implementation details for the spiritual concepts she describes. A practical example of what her vision looks like would be Sepp Holzer. He has created a Garden of Eden in the Austrian mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment